Saturday, November 2, 2013

Celestial Mermaid



Hype this look on Lookbook!




I've always wanted to be a mermaid. This year I decided was the year! I got pretty lucky with my finds, it must have been fate! 

All of the jewelry accessories were already in my wardrobe. I just piled on my most colorful, mermaid-esque pieces! I had these shell earrings from forever ago, I haven't worn them in ages. I've had the puka shell since I was a girl. The green medallion necklace I got out of a machine while a teenager! 




The long, dangly earring is one that I made a few years ago. It is a combination of two earrings and a few pieces of necklaces. I seriously love DIY and want to make some new things very soonn! The sequin bralet is vintage and I found it on Etsy; it was a steal! I found the shell bra on eBay as well as my silver, sparkly fish-net shawl. I embellished the shells myself with some glitter and glittery stickers. Easy and very mermaid-like!





My green maxi is vintage and borrowed from a friend. For the shoes I decided flats would be best for a night out, they're embellished sandals and I have had them since high school. I went colorful on the makeup and of course, a blue lip! The sequins are simple stick-ons that I picked up from my local Michaels.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween! I love seeing everyone's photos of what they decided to be, some peoples ideas are so unique! And I adore the new spins on classic costume ideas! Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays and I haven't dressed up very much in the past few years, so I seriously had a blast this year!

And of course, every mermaid has her pirate ;-)


XOXO- Ravyn Alyx


3 comments:

  1. YOu look amaaaaazing! A+ boho mermaid. And you and your guy are super cute together--excellent couples costume idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog! awesome costume!
    Following u<3

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete