Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Monochromatic and Motley Prints

 

It seems I cannot get enough of this particular hat lately. It just compliments so many of my outfits in the best way possible! But, that being said, I definitely think I need to invest in some more hats. Lately I have been lusting over LLR Vintage’s super wide brimmed fedoras and pretty much every hat by Lack of Color. Their hats are insane, and I cannot wait to get my hands on one of them as soon as I can!










 

For this look, I wanted my outfit to be classy yet quirky and bold with a hint of sass. The sass obviously being my crop top; it’s vintage and was my mothers. Even though the cold temperatures are lingering in my area, I cannot resist still rocking my favorite newish trend. I am totally guilty of still wearing crop tops off and on all winter…and why not? I feel like it is easy to minimize that exposed area and make it just a peek of skin, all the while piling on the layers everywhere else. After all, it is still warm indoors! There are only a few styles and trends that I all together stop wearing from season to season. I have never been the girl to divvy up my wardrobe and put away my summer clothes in expectation of winter or the latter. What is the point of having a wardrobe you can’t rock mostly year round? I am a huge believer in transition pieces, or maybe I am just a believer of making most of my wardrobe transition throughout every season.






 



This look is basically all vintage, with the exceptions of my hat and tights. My skirt and boots I found while thrift store hunting a few years ago. I just recently started wearing these boots again, before now I had not worn them in years. I love the pop of color they add and adore pairing red on red with them in this outfit. I wore my acid wash jacket in a previous post as well, it’s vintage Jordache and was also my mother’s; bless her fashion taste!


 

XOXO- Ravyn Alyx



4 comments:

  1. Hi! i'm here to invite you to join a giveaway i'm hosting in my blog. You can win three Oasap t-shirts!
    join herE:
    http://www.polarbearsblog.com.ar/?p=1081

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, your hat is awesome ��

    ReplyDelete